THE NICHOLSON FAMILY
William Andrew Nicholson arrived in Australia from Scotland
on the “LA HOGUE” in 1850.
William raised his family at Harrington where he was a pilot
Continuing a long family tradition the family soon
established themselves in the fishing industry as their fore fathers had done
This tradition also extended to boat building with the
family constructing many of their own fleet.
A familiar fishing trawler in Tuncurry was the “Eldorado”.
This trawler was built and operated by Jimmy Nicholson and his sons. The boat
continued to operate in Tuncurry by the family up until the 1970’s, when it was
sold due to ill health.
The trawler utilised in our business
logo is derived from this boat.
In 2010 the family celebrated 160
years of settlement in the area.